We’re hearing some outrageous, heartbreaking, and discouraging news these days. More federal raids. Indictments, convictions, prison sentences and heavy fines (see news stories below). Montana citizens, whose mistake was to believe that careful compliance with state law would protect them from federal law enforcement, are now facing decades in prison.
It’s enough to make an advocate conclude, “the feds have won, we give up.”
I’ve even heard that some people are afraid to sign the petition for CI-110, because they “don’t want to be on a list”.
I get it. After all, just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you. And they’re out to get us, every single one of us.
But there’s strength in numbers, and I’ll tell you, we’ve got the numbers. Around 100,000 people in Montana consume cannabis from time to time. Enough to change any election. Enough to put CI-110 on the ballot. Enough to win.
But we — you and I — can’t wait for “someone else” to do it.
If everyone reading this collected ten signatures from family and friends, we’d qualify CI-110 for the ballot in no time.
Ready to get started? Great! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (406) 359-1888, today. Time is short, please get involved right away.
Not convinced? The CI-110 effort is also hiring signature gatherers and regional leaders. Call or email to learn more, or just hit reply and I’ll help.
Before I get to news and events, a quick administrative note. I’m pleased to announce that longtime Montana NORML volunteer Justin Michels has agree to take on the volunteer role of Deputy Director — my right-hand-man. Thank you, Justin, and congrats!
Montana Marijuana News & Events
- Upcoming CI-110 Petition Gathering Training (statewide): http://www.montanafirst2012.org/training/training-schedule/
- May 4th 5:30PM – First Friday in Missoula – 415 N Higgins #26, Facebook Event here
- May 5th 4PM Missoula – 14th Annual Global Cannabis March. Jacob’s Island/Bark Park. Email email@example.com to help out or for more info.
- May 15-23, Code of the West medical marijuana documentary screenings – statewide – incredible panels afterwards including Chris Lindsey, Fred Van Valkenberg, Mike Milburn, Mayor Jim Smith, Deputy Mayor Jeff Krauss, Rep Pat Noonan, yours truly, and more big names to be announced!
- May 5-19 (statewide) – Informational seminars for patients and providers.
- Throughout May — having a house party? Invite a CI-110 petition signature gatherer for an hour! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to help out.
- U.S. Attorney breaks silence on medical marijuana probe
- Feds say crackdown on medical pot will continue
- Medical Marijuana Raids Result in 12 Convictions
- Montana man reports burglary, gets busted for pot
- Obama defends action on medical marijuana dispensaries
- Chris Lindsey: Montana’s MMJ Struggles the Canary in Coal Mine for National Cannabis Industry?
- Why Tester and Bullock will lose: medical marijuana
- Seized medical marijuana in Montana used by feds to research… medical uses.
- HELP WANTED: Will you be apart of this exciting, historic campaign to protect responsible adults from arrest and criminalization?