With just a few weeks left to go in the CI-110 signature gathering effort, now is the time to act. Now is the time for you (yes, you!) to volunteer a bit of your time to help.
Now is the time to stand up and say, “There is nothing wrong with responsible adult use of marijuana, and it should be of no concern to the government.”
Now is the time to act to end criminal penalties for marijuana.
Now is the time to do something to help put CI-110 on the ballot. If passed, the initiative would create an adult right to “responsibly purchase, consume, produce, and possess marijuana, subject to reasonable limitations, regulations, and taxation. Except for actions that endanger minors, children, or public safety, no criminal offense or penalty of this state shall apply to such activities.”
How you (yes, you!) can help right away:
- Volunteer to get ten signatures from friends and family. Everyone knows ten people. If you’re a cannabis consumer, you’ve just
- Volunteer to spend one day collecting signatures: June 5th — that’s primary election day, and the campaign needs as many petitioners as possible to help gather signatures at polling places statewide.
- Get hired on a temporary basis gathering signatures every day. We particularly need your help in the Flathead Valley and Butte areas, but we need people statewide.
- Visit our new website — which includes new ways to share the message with your friends on Facebook and get involved.
- Sign the petition! Here are some places to sign.
Will you join the statewide crew on June 5th to gather signatures statewide?
Then we need to hear from you today!
It’s down to the wire folks. The signature gathering team has done a tremendous job attacking a formidable goal, but they still have a long way to go. Please act today, as this is our best, soonest, most possible chance we have to stop arresting adults for marijuana!
Can you take the day off work to gather signatures on just one day, Tuesday, June 5th?
Or can you gather 10 signatures from your roommates, colleagues, co-workers, family, friends, and contacts? We need them all, every single one, to sign, right now.
Please don’t delay, get in touch with this historic campaign today. This is your chance. What are you waiting for? Call 800-556-0182 right now to get involved.
Finally, on a personal note, this campaign is the culmination, the ‘cherry on top’ of my marijuana policy work in Montana. After fourteen years of effort, during which many incremental gains have been achieved, the CI-110 effort is the closest we’ve ever been to Montana NORML’s goal — ending marijuana prohibition. Please get involved today.