Several changes appeared yesterday at the DPHHS marijuana website. A summary:
- Patient registration fee increase from $25 to $75, effective June 1st, 2012
- Patient renewal fee increase from $10 to $75, effective June 1st, 2012
- Regardless of when a registration/renewal is postmarked, if DPHHS receives it on or after June 1st, 2012, the new fee applies
- Incorrect fees will cause the application to be denied
- Providers application fees are $50
- Providers must re-apply annually
- Fees are never refunded, even if the application is incomplete or denied, or the card is later revoked
- All applications require a photocopy of a valid (not expired) Montana driver’s license or state issued ID, to prove Montana residency. The photocopy must be legible.
- Landlord permission forms must be notarized
Reasons for the changes are contained in this Administrative Rules document (PDF).
There are now 11,993 registered patients in Montana, a drop of more than 2,300 in the last month. The program has shed roughly 18,000 participants in the last year.