I know we here in Montana sometimes express disdain, even disgust, with all things California. However, it cannot be denied that the state has been on the forefront of numerous social issues, and now, ending marijuana prohibition is on California’s agenda.
Over the past few weeks, we’ve called for Montanans to donate to help California activists pass their “Proposition 19“. The idea is, if California can end marijuana prohibition in their state, other states will likely follow, eventually. I predict Montana could do it in just a few years. Maybe, if you and I really work at it, sooner than that.
The result of our fundraising campaign was encouraging. Together, we raised about $500 for the campaign (click through to learn more and donate directly). I can only imagine the response when we’re working (soon) to make marijuana legal for all Montana adults!
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Montana legislative candidates are trying to get elected, and some of them will soon be trying to change our marijuana laws. Some of them want to eliminate medical marijuana altogether while others want to end prohibition entirely.
How do you know who’s who? Consult this site: Montana Legislative Candidates’ Positions on Marijuana
The site is a partnership between Montana NORML, the Montana Medical Growers’ Association, and other organizations that work to reform cannabis laws in Montana. It’s your go-to tool for guidance on how to vote for marijuana law reform. Check back often, because we’re updating it with new info frequently.
Ladies, if you’re ready to step up and speak out for cannabis liberty, now’s the time. The Women’s Marijuana Movement is preparing a nationwide Day of Action on Tuesday, October 7th at 12:30PM. If you’d like to be involved, email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP, and/or show up at the northwest side of the Higgins Street Bridge in Missoula, by Caras Park. Bring your ovaries, attitude, and SAFER-compatible signs, please!
Facebook Fans, here’s the event page.
And now, the latest marijuana news from around the GREAT state of Montana:
Montana Marijuana News
- Three Great Falls patients testify for medical marijuana
- Marion grower faces felony for too many marijuana plants
- Helena commission opens debate on pot businesses
- WA man receives five year sentence in Helena on federal marijuana charges
- Montana marijuana growers preparing for legislative battles
- Helena: Burglars tazer dog, steal $10,000 worth of pot
- Medical marijuana foments culture war in Montana
- Sidney Montana officials see flaws with medical marijuana
- Billings City council again tackles medical marijuana
- Bitterroot growers, check this out:
- Statewide discussion on medical marijuana, Oct 7 1PM
- Gay Republican caregiver aims for Montana Senate seat
Marijuana News from Beyond
- What the Pot Legalization Campaign Really Threatens: Alcohol Industry Profits
- CNN: Sooner or later, marijuana will be legal
- New President, Same Old Failed Marijuana Policies
- Prop. 19 Increasingly Popular Among California Voters
- Regulating Cannabis Sales Could Yield Over $17 Billion In Annual Savings And Revenue, New Study Says
- Why Parents Should Support Legalizing Cannabis
Thanks for your interest and support. Remember always that we have Truth, Justice, and Liberty on our side. Nobodyshould be arrested for marijuana use. Let’s “Just Say Now“, and end marijuana prohibition, tomorrow.
Onwards and Upwards.